Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Post! The Whys and Hows


Accountability! That is why I am creating this silly li' blog. For those who may know me well know that I have been through a lot this past year. But now its getting a little too late to make excuses for why I am still a few (ahem) pounds over my healthy weight zone. I need to start now and start focusing on not just numbers on a scale but my own health. 

The Plan
I am using two main plans. One, Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred. Which yes, may sound cheesy, but her gym workouts have me sweating up a storm. Plus you haven't lived until you jump on a treadmill at 9mph. Her eating plan is another main benefit. She lists out what to eat for 30 days and for me right now it is a good push to follow. 

Second, I am continuing my CrossFit workouts which just make you feel like a complete bad ass. They challenge your mind and your body. Plus I enjoy being around women who are very athletic. I admire them far more than the skinny minis around the mall. Plus well, they could kick my ass.  

Status
I am now Day 8 into my 30 Day Plan. So far I am 5lbs down! Sure, that may be water weight but I do feel better and my clothes are starting to get a tad loose. 

Photo Journal
Here is a photo from me about a year ago. While I weight a bit less I think it might be a good "before" photo. I sure as hell don't like it. But that is me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment