Thursday, May 7, 2009

CrossFit

What is CrossFit?
To quote their website: 
"CrossFit is an evidence based strength and conditioning program built on consistently varied, if not randomized, functional movements executed at high intensity. It was developed to enhance every individual’s competency at all physical tasks. CrossFit started in Santa Cruz and is now an international fitness program with over 450 affiliates worldwide. " (http://www.crossfitsantacruzcentral.com/)

I found out about it through coworkers. Like most office women, you tend to latch on to whoever is looking cute in that new outfit and at the time it was Livia in underwriting coming into work looking fit and happy. She talked me into going and the first time I drove up to the gym I saw a stereotypical ripped, pink spandex, tanned chick doing multiple fast pull-ups. I literally yelled to myself, "Holy Shit!" and turned my car around to leave. A block away I stopped and realized I didn't want to be intimidated from anything and so I went back and signed up. 

For me Crossfit has been a great addition to my workouts. Despite what the number say on the scale I feel stronger and that helps me get through the ups and downs of my week. 

Videos show the whole story. This was the workout where I did my personal best and lifted 182lbs deadlift! yay me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment